(PGT) Writing Bootcamp for Taught Postgraduate Students
- Thursday 22nd June and Tuesday 27th June @ 09:00-17:00
- Please note: You can only book onto Day 1 of the Writing Bootcamp (22/6/17). Once you have confirmed your place, we will book you onto Day 2 of the Writing Bootcamp by the 15th June 2017.
Are you a taught postgraduate student working on your dissertation? Or trying to write a publication? Would you like an opportunity to be able to learn some writing techniques, and have space to practise them?
The Writing Bootcamp will give you a time and place for you to write without the distractions of emails, Facebook, Twitter and everyday life. There will be over 8 hours of writing time across the two days of the Writing Bootcamp. Each day will be split into half-day sessions and begin with a short Bitesize workshop, discussing tips and techniques. These will be followed by writing blocks where you will be writing based on your preparation. There will also be time between day 1 and day 2 to work your writing project. Participants will be sent the schedule and preparation instructions in advance of the Writing Bootcamp.
Between writing blocks there will be short breaks and refreshments available. There will be an hour break for lunch, but please note that lunch will not be provided (there are several cafes and shops nearby, or feel free to bring your own).
Thinking of coming along? Here is what you need to know.
- There will be over 8 hours of writing, split into 10 blocks over the two days.
- You will get most out of the time by doing the preparatory work, following the instructions in the “Information for Participants”.
- If you wish to write using a laptop, please bring your own with you. There will be plenty of power sockets.
By the end of the Writing Bootcamp we will have discussed and practised some writing strategies, considered the key aspects of the writing process (including proof-reading and editing), and have a personalised writing plan to take your writing forward, and, most importantly, done some writing!
Places are limited please only book a place if you are able to attend both days, 22nd and 27th June, in full.
To find out more and to book a place, please click on the following link: