The Peer Proofreading Scheme will be open for a limited summer service for postgraduate masters students. The Scheme will be open from Monday 16th July until Friday 10th August 2018. This limited summer scheme will be specifically for Masters students seeking feedback on a section of their dissertation. Please note the scheme is offered on a first come, first serve basis and the full eligibility criteria is available on the EUSA website.
The aims of the scheme are:
- To increase access to trustworthy proofreading services on campus
- To reduce dependency upon proofreading services among users of the scheme by training them to spot basic grammar and spelling errors
- To enhance the sense of community among students at the university through peer support
- To provide student volunteers with a rewarding volunteering opportunity, developing their transferable skills and experience
If you have any questions, feel free to email EUSA at email@example.com
Students who are formally assessed as having dyslexia may be entitled to more comprehensive proofreading support, provided by the Student Disability Service.
Please be aware that some courses, especially from English Language Education, are not eligible for proofreading. If the quality of English is specifically being assessed you should not use the scheme. If in doubt, ask your course organiser or tutor.
- We can only accept assignments from non-native English speakers.
- Students should submit assignments at least seven days before their deadline. If you submit your assignment after 5pm, we will not receive it until the next working day- please bear this in mind when calculating seven days: work submitted at the weekend will NOT be received until the following Monday!
- Students may submit no more than one 2, 000 word section of their dissertation during the summer period.
- Students must provide a valid University of Edinburgh email address.
- Please remove any graphics from your work; work which is too large cannot be processed by our system.
- We are unable to read resumes, CVs, applications for job, applications for programmes of study: the summer scheme is for sections of Masters dissertations only.
After submitting your work you will be emailed a validation link. Don’t forget to click this, or we won’t receive it!
For further information about submitting your work and how peer proofreading works please click on the following link: https://www.eusa.ed.ac.uk/support_and_advice/the_advice_place/academic/peerproofreading/
Other Useful Links
Peer Proofreading Scheme FAQs – Answers to frequently asked questions about how the Peer Proofreading Scheme works. If you have any questions about the Scheme, please start here!
Institute of Academic Development – Has a wealth of information and resources designed to help students make the most of their learning.
Read. Write. Cite. – This campaign aims to offer help with referencing, citations, and academic good conduct.
Tandem Language Programme – Join in Tandem’s weekly events to improve your skills in a range of languages, including English.
International Student Centre – Meet new friends from all over the world and travel Scotland.
EUSA Volunteering – Get involved in the local community, make new friends, and build your CV!
EUSA Global – Learn more about global activities run by your Students’ Association