Top 10 Tips for Writing a Literature Review (Online session)
- Wednesday 29th May 2019 @ 19:00-20:00
Whether you are writing a Masters Dissertation, a PhD Thesis, a Grant application or a Paper you will be required to produce a literature review. This aspect of academic writing presents many problems to those new, and sometimes not so new, to the task. Some mistakenly think that a simple, and often exhaustive, catalogue of past research is what is required. But, or course, a good literature review is much more than that. This online presentation will guide the participants through a carefully plotted route, helping them to produce a winning strategy for writing their next literature review.
After the workshop each participant will:
- understand the key elements of a good literature review and its purpose
- be able to formulate a literature review writing plan
- possess the necessary critical skills to summarise & synthesise literature
- appreciate the need for editing and review of the written work.
This session will take place via blackboard collaborate (virtual classroom). Booking is required in order to receive the workshop link and further information about how to join the session.
To book a place, please click here.
You can see all upcoming workshops here.