What we do
Our remit includes:
- continuing professional development and practice sharing in teaching, learning and supervision
- student learning development
- professional and transferable skills development
- support for curriculum, programme and assessment design and development
Who we support
We provide support directly to:
- registered undergraduate and postgraduate students
- staff in research-only roles, Principal Investigators and research managers
- academic staff and others with learning and teaching roles, including lecturers, course organisers, tutors and demonstrators, academic support staff and learning technologists.
Our website outlines the range of events, courses and resources we offer, which are tailored to the differing requirements of these different audiences.
We also work collaboratively with support services, Schools, Colleges and others on a range of projects and initiatives. Topics and themes are identified and prioritised through discussions with College and University committees and our Institute Advisory Group.
Institute for Academic Development – www.ed.ac.uk/iad