(PGT – Online) Pre-arrival: Getting started with the Library
- Tuesday 22nd August 2017 @ 12:00 – 13:00
- Thursday 7th September 2017 @ 10:00-11:00
In this session, we will cover the essential things you need to get the best from the
Library at the University of Edinburgh for your studies, whether you’re in Edinburgh or studying online. Please bring plenty of questions, and in this friendly and welcoming introduction and discussion, you’ll get a head start in preparation for your course.
Learning outcomes – as a result of this session, you will…
- Know about the types of materials available in the Library collections
- Know how to find physical Library locations
- Understand how to access online Library resources (like ebooks, ejournals, etc.)
- Know how to use the Library’s DiscoverEd catalogue to find resources you need
- Know what to do if the Library doesn’t (yet) have what you need
- Know how to get help when you need it
This session will take place via blackboard collaborate (virtual classroom).Booking is required in order to receive the workshop link and further information about how to join the session.
To find out more and to book a place, please click the following link: