(PGT) Speed Reading
- Thursday 11 May 2017 @ 13:30-16:30
In order for academic reading to be effective, it needs to be a combination of efficient (in terms of speed and retention), strategic (in terms of appropriately targeted) and critical. This short workshop will give you a number of tools to help you to read more quickly, more strategically and more critically.
The workshop (and practice afterwards) will help you to increase your speed and effectiveness of reading. The practical exercises during the session will show you how to measure your base read speed and comprehension level and then increase your reading speed and efficiency.
We will use practical exercises and tutor-led input to help refine and improve four key areas:
- Strategy – considering your reading strategy and learning some practical ways to improve information selection and absorption
- Speed – Techniques to increase speed of reading, and applying these with more dense and difficult material
- Criticism – Acquiring methods and questions to improve your critical reading strategies
- Consistency – Discover how to build consistent reading habits that will improve your efficiency, retention and recall.
To find out more and to book a place, please click on the following link: