The following events and workshops are open to all Taught Masters students at the University of Edinburgh. To find out more and to book a place, visit http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/institute-academic-development/postgraduate/taught/courses-events/open-workshops
Please note that some of the workshops will not be open for booking until 1-2 weeks before the event, as demand is high.
- (PGT) Effective Approaches to Lectures
- (PGT) Effective Approaches to Tutorials
- (PGT) Getting Started at Masters Level
- (PGT) Quick Consultation
- (PGT) Take Five: Time Management
- (PGT) Study Skills: Critical Reading, essay planning and writing
If you need to cancel your booking, please do so at your earliest opportunity and at least 3 days before the event. Someone else may be able to take your place, but we need time to contact them. Also, although you are not charged for an event, there are costs we incur (e.g. photocopying) which relate directly to places reserved.
How to cancel: You can cancel your booking via MyEd Event Booking Channel. Click on “My Bookings” – here you will have the option to cancel your place.
We maintain attendance registers; unexpected absences will be noted. If you consistently fail to attend, or repeatedly cancel with very short notice, you may be prevented from booking future IAD events.
- Institute for Academic Development –Postgraduate pages
- Managing Your Digital Footprint campaign –www.ed.ac.uk/iad/digitalfootprint
- ewriting online course
- Succeeding at Masters Level
- Developing Your English