The deadline for the second round of applications is Monday June 2nd.
Ensure that you have a chance to be considered, places are limited!
Registration: Find the full information pack and register for the Summer School on: http://www.climate-kic.org/events/phd-summer-school-transforming-the-future-built-environment/
Ph.D.’s, excellent Master students, postdoc’s and driven professionals are all invited to apply.
Programme & Opportunities
The programme focuses on the challenges of sustainable refurbishment, climate impact and building technologies in relation to human interaction and urban stakeholders.
It includes a series of talks of academic interest, transferable skills sessions, excursions to Fablabs and inspiring workshops. You will get many opportunities to explore making and prototyping.
Key note speakers include:
- Prof. dr. ir. Arjan van Timmeren, Delft University of Technology (on Urban Design & Innovative Facades)
- Prof. dr. Pieter Jan Stappers, Delft University of Technology (on Context Mapping / Value of Prototyping),
- Research Professor Peter Troxler, Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (on revolution in the Make Industry and Fablabs)
- Prof. dr. David Keyson, Delft University of Technology (on Energy Management Systems)
- Katrin Hauser, Manager of the international Climate-KIC Flagship Building Technologies Accelerator (BTA) (on Climate-KIC, business modeling and innovation)
The overall ambition is to provide a unique learning experience of lasting added value, beyond regular academic training. You will get international networking opportunities and link with overseas partner institutions.
This is an opportunity to get away from your regular work environment, meet people from other disciplines and cultures and have a great time!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org