In this session we will aim to demystify both concepts: They are not about insincerity or conflict. Instead, we will aim to present a coherent approach to becoming proficient in both skills – which are arguably essential to success in academic work, and in most other spheres of life. And they are both about building successful, purposeful relationships with colleagues.
Specifically on networking, we’ll look at:
- Presenting a genuine, positive profile, with a purpose
- Considering networking contexts and opportunities
- Networking online
- Specifically on negotiation, we’ll look at:
- Presenting what you want in terms of building a positive relationship
- Conceptualising the process of negotiation
- Tips, tools and tricks for getting what you want.
This event is open to all taught postgraduates at the University of Edinburgh