The following workshops are taking place in January 2014. Workshop descriptions and booking link can be found http://edin.ac/16I4vjZ
- 22 Jan (09.30-12.00) Creativity
- 23 Jan (09.30-12.30) Searching for Literature (HSS)
- 23 Jan (13.30-16.30) Study Skills: critical reading, essay planning and writing
- 24 Jan (09.30-12.30) Take Five: Time Management
- 24 Jan (14.00-17.00) Poster Production
- 29 Jan (14.00-17.00) Scientific Writing (for students on MSc High Performance Computing, MScTheoretical Physics and Mathematical Physics)
- 30 Jan (15.00-16.00) Time Management (for online distance students)
To book onto an event: http://edin.ac/16I4vjZ
Induction Sessions for Online Distance Learners
- 14 Jan (12.00-13.00 GMT)
- 16 Jan (19.00-20.00 GMT)
- Booking link: http://edin.ac/16I4vjZ
This is an online drop-in session with the Online Learning Support Team, designed for you to ask any questions about starting and getting prepared for your Online Distance Learning (ODL) course at Edinburgh. There will be members of Information Services (IT and Library Support) and Institute for Academic Development (IAD – PG study support) staff available at the session to help you orient around our online provisions, as well as providing a space just to talk about what it’s like to be an ODL student.
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel your booking, please do so at your earliest opportunity and at least 3 days before the event. Someone else may be able to take your place, but we need time to contact them. Also, although you are not charged for an event, there are costs we incur (e.g. photocopying) which relate directly to places reserved.
- Institute for Academic Development – www.ed.ac.uk/iad/postgraduates