This course is open to University of Edinburgh PGT online distance students only.
The session will be delivered via Blackboard Collaborate. Instructions and the URL to join the session will be sent by email.
The precourse work – please watch the TED talk ‘Jason Fried: Why work doesn’t happen at work’: http://www.ted.com/talks/jason_fried_why_work_doesn_t_happen_at_work.html
This is a highly interactive exploration of the importance of understanding and working with new models in time and personal management. The course is designed to focus on the work of professionals and students.
We’ll explore themes in Self Management such as:
- Chronological preferences and their importance
- Schedule time and flow time
- Self management tips that work and those that don’t
- How to prioritise and set time for ‘flow’ work
- How to stop worrying about the work/life balance
- How to take control of our well-being and performance
- Why work doesn’t always happen at work
‘Time, Flow and Managing Our Working Lives’ is a new course which will hopefully challenge the way you think about traditional time management and goal setting models.
Further information and to book a place: http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/institute-academic-development/postgraduate/taught/courses-events/open-workshops