Thank you to everyone who came along to the virtual pre-induction session, this afternoon. The following are links to the resources mentioned in the session.
If you missed this session, there are others. Details can be found http://www.ed.ac.uk/staff-students/students/new-students/events/academic-welcome/odl-preinduction
- New ODL students – http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/information-services/students/odl-students
- Making the most of IT – http://edin.ac/15yxMma – a video presentation on the core IS student services
- VPN set-up – www.ed.ac.uk/is/vpn
- Office 365 (student email) –www.ed.ac.uk/is/office365
- –http://edin.ac/14BAzGy – to connect your email to phone/tablet etc.
Library and IT Support
- General IT support question – is.helpline [at] ed.ac.uk
- General ODL queries (not course specific) – online.learning [at] ed.ac.uk
- Library essentials: http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/information-services/library-museum-gallery/overview
- Accessing e-resources – FAQs: http://edin.ac/17fLtmB
- Institute for Academic Development (PGT pages): http://www.ed.ac.uk/iad/postgraduates
- This blog: https://iad4masters.wordpress.com/
- Twitter: @iad4masters