Happy New Year to everyone and welcome to Semester 2!
Semester 2 of a Taught Postgraduate programme may include thinking about your dissertation or for some students it may be the start of their part-time taught Masters. For this reason, you may have different needs. The following are links to some useful resources:
So what can you do to give yourself the best start in this semester?
- Guidance on getting started
- How to Find resources that will help you
- Learning Resources to help you manage reading loads, workload, academic writing, assignments, literature searching and more
Courses to support you in your studies
- Check if your school are running any workshops or skills courses.
- The IAD have links to online courses, including, Working with Research Data and Academic writing
- There are also open online courses – MOOCs
What else can you do?
- Talk to others on your course and share ideas and experiences. If you’re on an online course, use the online discussion forums to raise questions
- Seek advice and support
Most of all – try and enjoy your studies! Make sure you balance studying with other activities. For links to societies, groups and more, access EUSA http://www.eusa.ed.ac.uk/.